View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #506
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I've been on the fence about my Paperwhite between, oscillating between "Meh, maybe I should have just stuck with my K3", to "It's good enough vs. my K3 and the benefits outweigh the negatives" and sometimes "Wow! What an upgrade!"

This weekend I left the K3 behind and only read with the Paperwhite... night reading, beach reading in full sunlight, and everything in between... if I'd stop reading and look VERY CLOSELY at the screen I'd go back to questioning again, especially in full sunlight... "well, it's NOT QUITE as good as the K3 screen... if I try really hard I can see that the text is below the surface and I can just barely make out the layer on top...", but I kept coming back to how the light, size, and other benefits outweighed that minor setback...

Today I took out my K3 to get it ready to give to my son, looked at it under average indoor lighting, and my immediate reaction was "man, this thing is so yellow... ugh! And the font rendering is horrendous!" It suddenly hit me... it'd be HARD to go back! I'm done waffling, I've decided... the Paperwhite is, no questions asked, a definite improvement.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote