View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
Dave W
Connoisseur
Dave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600 & Nook ST w/glow light
Unless outdoors, keep the glow light on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Steel View Post
I returned my GlowWorm after the 2 week refund period and repurchased the ST. I gave it a shot thinking if I used it for a while I'd get used to the gray text on the Glow. In the end, while I think the light is great in the dark or poor lighting, reading on the ST is much more enjoyable to me due to the crisper, darker text.
I've only had my glow for a day and, initially, thought the contrast was too low. I was sitting on a couch next to a table lamp. I decided to try the glow light, and the text popped out. The glow light makes the background whiter which had the effect of making the text appear blacker. My previous reader was a Sony PRS-600. That had much lower contrast than the Nook. That, plus the fading out when reading in the sun were the main reasons for getting the NOOK. I have a cover with built-in light for the Sony. I am forever fiddling with the light so that I don't get a reflection from the screen. Sony has a matte screen that doesn't have a problem with reflecting room objects, but the reading light is another story.

Bottom line: I'm happy with the Nook Glow so far.

Dave W
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote