View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #325
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
...First, can we get a rule about a book only being allowed to be in say one vote per six months? I think it's absurd that Storm Front was in the vote for Horror of all categories and that it's ending up in second place. But what is even more absurd is that it's been included in the poll THREE of the last four months. That's a little ridiculous. Next thing we know it'll win the romance month because someone called someone else cute somewhere in the book.

Second, I do propose one minor change to the category list: Can we switch Mystery to another month? Mystery and Horror are pretty similar to be back-to-back, and since Horror is a themed month for October it probably should stay where it is. Looking over the category list, there aren't many good options as it shouldn't be too close to Thriller either nor should it be December (to keep classics apart), January (second chance from last year), February (themed for romance) or April (themed for Humour), so that really only March and Non-Fiction to switch it with.

So could we switch Non-Fiction and Mystery? It's not a big deal but I think it'd keep the genres better spread out through the year.
What do the rest of you think of these two proposals?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote