View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
There are several programs that can split 2-column PDF text files and render them for the Sony. It is an option but not one that I would base a purchase decision on. What it does is to widen the character stems and loops making them a bit more bold. It is still often a hard slug to read a whole book or paper that way.

Any 6" screen is going to have a hard time rendering a document formatted in an 8-1/2" by 11" frame. Add to that the normal white space around it (which can be removed with the available tools) and you still have a tough read.

If you can convert the PDFs to text these can be loaded to the Reader as a TXT, DOC or (through conversion) as an LRF file. I have converted many for my own use and the process is painless. (Well, almost painless.) Thankfully what I have converted has had few if any graphics because, as pilotbob said, these may not convert well (full page graphics in particular.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote