View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #43
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by roc View Post
Anyone else having issues with wifi connecting/staying connected? The Craig I just got today has been almost impossible in this regard on either of 2 AP's in my house unlike dozens of other devices I have used with them.

Update:
Swapped for another unit, but same issue. Then I decided to try connecting to my WEP-encrypted Access Point instead of the 2 WPA2-encrypted AP's, and it has not had any trouble so far - just another reason not do anything "serious" on this Android, but use it for casual muliltmedia and news/weather type "consumption" (using a secondary Gmail account that is not used for anything else).

TIA
RO
Hi, roc.

I have WPA2 enabled with no problems. I have heard of some people having a problem with certain routers. Your mileage will vary. You might get some ideas from the SlateDroid thread, though. (I've linked to the end of the thread so you can ask your question there, but feel free to peruse the thread, of course.)

Shad from SlateDroid has apparently made some serious progress investigating some tablet firmware that runs Froyo for modification for the Craig tablet. If it ends up working, it could bring a lot of things with it (including Flash). Right now, the biggest limitation is the screen, which doesn't support multitouch.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote