Thread: iPad 3G question
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonCZ View Post
Can you use the 3G *without* subscribing to a dataplan? My mother is debating getting 3G or not. I realize you can't surf the web or send/receive emails via 3G without subscribing to an AT&T dataplan... but can you at least download books from Apple? ...or use a 3G GPS app? Or is 3G completely useless without a dataplan?
The 3G iPad includes some features (I'm thinking of GPS in particular) that are not included in the WiFi version, so to that extent you are gaining something, but the 3G service itself is useless without an activated data plan.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote