Thread: Stuck in a Rut!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #38
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

I read this two years ago, and it was one of my favorite books of the year. My husband doesn't read a lot of novels, but I encouraged him to read it, and he loved it as well.

There are a lot of Spanish phrases and a lot of geeky references. Here is a great website I found (sadly, after I had finished the book) which translates and explains a lot of these references:

http://www.annotated-oscar-wao.com/index.html
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote