View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
For anyone that's curious, This is what I remember: The story had a theme of extreme paranoia, more specifically the main character being spied on through the outlets and electrical wiring in his home somehow. I believe he had pretty much barricaded himself in his home. Another character, an asian woman I think, possibly the main character's girlfriend, commits suicide (or is driven to it by whoever's spying on him) by rigging the door to a microwave and sticking her head in it. I know it was published during the years I posted above, because I had a subscription to those years.

Any help is appreciated!
This sounds like John Varley's "Press Enter".

The bad guy is a sentient computer.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote