Thread: Kindle search
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I just found this:
"When you add content to your Kindle, it immediately starts indexing that content. That means the Kindle starts to build an internal database of all the information in that content. You can quickly perform searches against all the content in your Kindle, and search results are returned almost instantaneously."

Is it a lie or is something wrong with my kindle? For me it takes a few minutes to get results. It's very annoying, impossible to search. I press search and go do something because it takes ages.
It's fast only when the word is very very rare, but most titles of my books have common words so it's no help.

I am searching asdfgh now. I started the search when I started this thread and it's still searching. Took 2 minutes to get zero results. It would also show if any books are not indexed, but all are indexed. So is it normal that search takes over 2 minutes?
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote