Thread: Epubcheck 3
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #28
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinquent View Post
That's an excellent idea.

epubcheck:- item (iTunesMetadata.plist) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
Standalone FlightCrew:- No problems found!
FlightCrew is correct in this regard. According to the EPUB 2 spec unmanifiested files (like iTunesMetadata.plist) are to be ignored and are not considered an error.

I haven't looked at the EPUB 3 spec in a while but if I remember correctly the appearance of unmanifested files in the 3 spec were changed to have some specific requirements. Instead of ignoring them they are now supposed to be treated as an error. Again I haven't confirmed but I believe anything not in the META-INF directory needs to be manifested in 3 which it does not need to be in 2.

So what you're seeing is not FlightCrew missing something. You're seeing a difference in the EPUB 2 and 3 spec.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote