Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #201
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Same here in western Canada. Went through the whole factory reset and update cycle, only to find version 2.0.0. Uugh! Oh well, it takes too long to re-load 1.9.17, and I don't want to screw up my database yet again. I'll suffer for a few days and hope that Kobo gets moving a bit quicker on the 2.1.4 roll-out.

In addition to the reported problems of slow page turns and the bug of initially showing the cover of the previous book on shut-down, my pet peeve with 2.0 is that the clock is no longer available with one tap. I often check the time when I'm reading. There was no reason to remove the clock. Why are we going backwards?

Calibre 0.9.1 is working better for me. It can read my Kobo database again at least.

Last edited by FJames; 10-08-2012 at 08:36 PM.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote