View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I wouldn't purchase one of these, personally. The point of books for children is not to turn them all into a video game. I wasn't impressed by the reading either - I think that the BBC do it better with their various story time programmes. Reading stories isn't about having a machine speak the words on the page.

If I wanted to design an ebook for a child, it would simply be a large colour ebook. I don't think that the technology is cheap and robust enough yet to make it attractive compared with DTBs.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote