View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 04:04 AM   #2
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiLin View Post
A book so loved, its fans helped make it happen!
Fans of the original first draft together paid $2500 to get it professionally edited and produced, with nothing expected in return but this story.
Being one of those fans, I realize I may be biased, but this is definitely one of the best books I've read this year. So, yeah, I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Author's note: I don't know whether to call this erotica or not; I'm told it's got too much story for erotica, and too much erotica for story. I'll let you decide.
There's sex in it, and it's treated honestly, explicitly, and often - but not always - erotically. And yes, it's too much story around the sex to call it erotica, and too much erotica to call it mainstream fantasy. I'd compare it to Laura K. Hamilton's works, except that, from what I've heard and seen of the Anita Blake novels, Lovers and Beloveds is way, way better at the having an actual, engaging plot aspect than those.

We used to jokingly call it "fantasy with the good bits left in". :-D

Quote:
$3.99 at Smashwords in most formats: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/23652
Or check out the start of the serialization here to get a better feel for what it's all about.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote