View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #81
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
...But, I ask myself, do I need a lit screen ?
After reading ebooks on lit screens for maybe a decade (PDA's, mainly) I wondered how not having a lit screen would affect me and, in fact, I put off getting an E Ink reader for a long time because of that concern.

However, when I took the plunge , that before there were any lit E Ink readers, I discovered that not having a lit screen was not a loss at all. It was just like in the distant past when I read paper books everywhere I ever wanted to read (which was almost anywhere) there was a light to read by - but there again, I am not a 9 year old who may want to read secretly under the bed's blankets 'cos of parent enforced "lights out" .

So, going on my experience, for me a lit device is of very low priority and would be more of a gimmick than of use. The quality of the display itself and of the software is what I would be looking for in a new reader, and if the best reader in those departments happened to be lit as well then that would just be an extra of little importance to me.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote