View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #79
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
Sadly, despite the really good hardware, the Glo has very poor software, it's had issues with epubs that work on everything else, crashes, randomly skips pages, and resets font size mid-book. There are a lot of small annoyances that make the reading experience worse for me.
I'm so close to picking up a Kobo Glo just for the light to use at times, but issues like this really make me think again. My 350s have been rock solid since day one, both with and without PRS+ (although I wouldn't be without PRS+)... there are no issues whatsoever. None. Even badly formatted epubs work on it, I've yet to run across one that refused to open. It just works and works well, period. I don't need an extra memory slot, the 2GB is enough to store over 1500-2000 books easily, but I now only keep around 100-200 at a time. And the way it handles Collections is the best I've seen compared to other ereaders.

The thought of losing that stability and performance for the light makes me rethink the Kobo Glo every time.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote