View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #11
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
I saw the Mirasol screens at Tools of Change in February and the screens are impressive and the refresh was almost instantaneous. The problem i see with the Mirasol screens is that they are not touch screens so in order for the screen to be touch, there would need to be a third party overlay. This overlay will degrade the quality of the appearance of the Mirasol screen. Plus, the Mirasol rep admitted that the touch screens would be developed outside of the Mirasol co.

I really think that touch screens are the way of the future so I'm not sure what to expect from Mirasol screen readers.
Most Mirasol-based devices will probably end up with touch screens. There are many ways to incorporate touch that could be used, depending on the OEM. It is not limited to a low-quality resistive overlay, even if that's the cheapest option currently available. I don't know if companies intend to use PCTs or something similar, but that isn't Qualcomm's job really. That will be decided by whatever customers are producing products with Mirasol screens. There may be some special considerations that need to be made, considering the physical makeup of the screen, but there will still be a few options available for touch (or multitouch or pen input) with little to no visual degradation. Whether we see them in final products is another issue entirely, and mostly out of Qualcomm's hands (as should be expected).

Last edited by LDBoblo; 05-08-2010 at 07:06 PM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote