View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #110
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
... and wondering how/why ebook purchasers have tricked themselves into browsing for books in a manner that is clearly inferior to the way book-browsing was ordained to be.

Not to mention making the assumption that buying ebooks somehow automatically excludes a reader from possibly sharing their preference for selecting books.

That's what I got out of it anyway. The title of the thread says it all really. The OP purposely threw a long-tailed cat into a room full of rocking chairs. The only thing we're in the dark about was whether it was out of malice or mischief.
You should re-read the item since I do not find what you describe. It was a personal opinion about browsing and nothing was said about other people opinions. Instead they were asked for:
Quote:
Why am I still saying this NOW? Precisely because there're so many converts now, I'm wondering: why did you switch to ebooks? Have you forgotten the pleasure of books browsing, or is the e-book experience comparable to that of the old-school experience? Or has convenience displaced experience?
And for me for example convenience have displaced experience. I do not find netbased browsing especially enjoyable.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote