View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 04:25 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jux View Post
Well. I think a 9" reader is kind of pointless, because it does not fit into pocket. If one needs to read books with larger page size and with more graphics, then he should use a tablet pc. E-Ink display is good only for text books, like novels.

Amazon should have not invested into that product, because the tablets are taking over now (Android baby - hell yeah!). I still see, that there is a place for current e-readers in the market, but the kindle products that are out now would do fine in that category.
That's extremely debatable. A larger screen lets you see a lot more text at once; a 9.7" screen, such as the Kindle DX has, has over 2.5x the display area of a 6" screen, and displays about the same amount of text as the page of a hardback book - many people find that preferable. Tablets are generally heavier, with a much shorter battery life, and are also often significantly more expensive, too, and portability is really not an issue if you're reading at home.

I certainly think there's a market for this device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote