Thread: Library Ebooks
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 03:23 AM   #32
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Hawaiʻi is one library system for the entire state. I guess I should be glad we have ebooks. We have:
6481 PDF
302 EPUB (they just started carrying those about 6 months ago)
562 Mobipockets (I read those on my blackberry)
188 MP3 Audio
3957 WMA Audio.

On the home page, they tout the fact that they have EPUB and PDF that can be read on Sony electronic reading devices. I think thatʻs pretty cool I am eager to watch the EPUB grow and grow; I feel like Iʻve picked over the ones Iʻm interested in. They also keep ordering "The Idiotʻs Guide to..." and various travel guides to have available digitally. Those are precisely the types of books I would *not* want as ebooks-- those are meant (imo) to be paper books to leaf through at my leisure or need. I wish theyʻd get all those popular books they have on WMA and have them in EPUB as well. I donʻt like to listen to my books. I like to experience the listening with my own voices in my head.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote