View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #625
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
L. E. Modisett, Jr.'s Imager Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I agree about the Steven Fry versions of the Harry Potter books. They are superb. As for Gibbon, that is a bit too heavy for me in audio book format.
I'm finishing up Antiagon Fire, by L.E. Modisett, Jr., read by William Dufries. Perfect workout reading.
A good continuing volume in the series. If you've been reading (or listening) to the Imager series, then by all means get this one. If not, and you're interested in reading it, there are two places to start: Imager, which was the first one written, and the start of a three book arc, or start with the earliest chronologically with Scholar. The Scholar arc, which includes Antiagon Fire, happens several hundred years before the events in the three book Imager arc, but either arc can stand alone.

The reader for all the books is William Dufries, and while he isn't my favourite reader, he's quite acceptable and I very much enjoy his reading of the books.

Next up on the audio front is Honor Among Enemies by David Weber. This is book #6 in the Honor Harrington series, and is read with the usual dismal performance by Allyson Johnson. I've learned to live with her performances, but never to like them.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote