View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 12:26 AM   #24
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I couldn't agree more.
Darryl another thing is that the arguments about factoring comparative average earnings between countries (and other indices) don't make much sense to me because book buying is a discretionary purchase item, unless of course the book is a compulsory text for a course.

So as a discretionary expenditure book buying just sits in with all the other items, big and small, that either make the budget now or at some other point in time.

For me, fiction paper book buying was just a no go spend (with rare exception) no matter how much money I earnt. Fiction books were library only reads for me. Unless of course, the books were being passed around by and between friends.

As to non-fiction books, there was and still is a chance that I may buy the book rather than borrow it from the library, but not very often.

Ebook shopping via Kobo India has given me such a breadth of books to indulge my intellect and at such cheap prices (esp using Contest and other codes) that I now spend money on books that I rarely did before.

To me it seems that the Aus book market doesn't set prices that attract quantity sales - much to their own loss!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote