View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #17
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Books have been much more expensive in Australia for quite a long time. I have bought books in Canada which had prices in AUS/CAD/US/UK on the spine. The Australian price was always close to double the CAD one and their dollar was worth more. This is going back at least 30 years IIRC.

I asked an Australian friend who went back every two years if this was the case with all goods, and she told me no. It was often the case with imported items, but even books printed in Australia, which the one I asked her about was, were sold high in Australia but would be shipped to other countries and sold cheaper there. Nothing to do with agency then.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote