View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #284
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Yes. It's possible his team leader is listening along to do an evaluation. If he does not follow the script (assuming they use scripts), he'll be hit over the head with it, even if the script is utterly ridiculous.

I know from experience. I've worked in IT-support for some time.

And I got bad evaluations but very happy customers because I often didn't follow scripts. Consistently getting loads and loads of happy customers was my only reason not being kicked out of that support job in the first month.

In the end, tt should have told them that using scripts and hiring people who don't actually *KNOW* what they are doing brings in *LESS* happy customers than hiring *knowledgeable* people and giving them a huge leeway. This would even make support kind of fun to do, as the employee can actually often *achieve something* by doing "out of the box" stuff. But no, they're still using scripts, years after I changed jobs...

(If you wonder: no, I'm not bad at following rules or instructions. However, asking a customer "Could you please reboot your notebook, to see if it solves the problem?" when he has a crack in his screen is utterly pointless. I won't do it. It will gain you the tag "Supreme Idiot" in the first minute of the call, dashing most hopes of ever achieving a solution without the customer getting angry while running through the script.)
Very true and I agree scripts do seem pointless in certain cases. I don't know how much leeway they have at Kindle CS, but I assume not very much. In this case, I do think Andrew did the best he could, he's really been great throughout. It's certainly not his fault the PW has so many issues. I'm sure it can be a thankless job in many instances too, dealing with disgruntled customers all day. I don't think I'd have the stomach for it so kudos to those that do and do it well.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote