View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #39
sarafina
sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarafina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Le Pan, Note 2
For Christmas Himself gave me a Galaxy s3 because I dissed the Note 2 as a frankenfone because of it's size.

Ok, s3 is a cool phone, my first smart phone and I played with it for a few days learning it and really liked it. But the rat had got for himself a Note 2 and he encouraged me to play with it. And that damned stylus? It RUINED me for the s3. For my usage the sketch option is just invaluable. I fell completely in lust.

It's alarming and a little revolting how fast I was making up reasons why the size wasn't SO bad. Like: It's so slim the size seems much more manageable than I expected. Or: It's not really much heavier than this (s3) one. And: the screen is so clear.

Honestly, it was embarrassing how fast I rolled over for the note 2...

But Himself, sneak that he is, had been sorta planning this the whole time. He figured if he just gave me the Note I would refuse it out of hand as a frankenfone, so he got me the s3 with an upgrade option. Back we went to make the trade. So now we have his and hers Note 2s. which is sorta revolting too now that I think about it. Too cute by far.

I have been using the native reader and been impressed both with scanned old book files and with new epub digital files. The pinch zoom makes reading easy. I will be looking around for a reader to use with Calibre.

OneNote migrates and syncs very well for me, and I am a heavy OneNote user. There is room for app improvement but over all fast and easy navigation thru the notebooks and pages.

The stylus lets me do very fine sketches and drawings (think floor plan dimensions and footprints, architectural details, plumbing and electrical runs) very easily and accurately. A scrolling piece of paper would rock but I haven't found a way to do that yet so I just add pages and keep drawing. When I get to the laptop I can dump them all on one screen and work from them.

The phone zooms easily and takes nice sharp pics. the auto focus is fast. The reload is super fast. I still haven't explored all the camera features.

The battery life has been fine for both of us, easily lasting all day thru heavy usage. Himself is on his all day long, email especially, for work and has juice to burn.

The sd slot is inside the cover which seemed a bit odd to me at first but it isn't a deal breaker.

I got used to the size even faster than I expected. It does fit in my bag or jacket pocket. Himself carries his in his shirt pocket. It is slim enough that you don't notice it particularly.

This has nothing to do with the Note in particular, but I hate how Google holds you hostage with needing a gmail account to do anything easily in android. I hear Samsung is launching its own opsys this fall, which will bring with it another set of problems, but offers relief from the Google machine.

Overall I find myself embarrassingly enamoured with my Note 2. I would even go so far as to warn others who might follow in my path that it's positively addictive...

Sara
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote