View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #370
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I find it a tad hard to believe that even the most greedy would pay $200 for something without at least seeing the front. Or why the seller would go to the trouble of duct taping a broken mirror to the front.

And I must ask, why oh why, was the duct tape not visible from the back in the second photo. Even cutting it with an exacto knife it would have been visible and the seller was not using precision tools.
Usually these things happen because the seller is in a hurry and manages to convince the buyer that they don't have the time to waste around to show that the device is working. The duct tape wasn't visible from the back because the device was wrapped in protective plastic that, while transparent to some extent, manages to hide details. I doubt that the woman unwrapped it properly before the seller left with her $200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I was just gently ribbing Apple fans, aka "sheeple" to many including Samsung. Sheeple are more prone to being conned.

But seriously, I don't really believe the fruity folk are any more likely than the robot fans to be conned by this classic scam.
I disagree. Fans are more likely to check to make sure that the screen doesn't have scratches.