View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
sally617
sally617 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx graphite
Question Where to launch a formal complaint against Amazon?

I just bought my kindle amd I am still thrilled about it. However, I just found out that credit card registration or gift card is reguired to download FREE kindle books. Currently I do not have one and I do not plan to get one either. The only option left to me to to buy gift cards to download those 'FREE' kindle books. In this case, they are not free anymore. I contacted customer service twice and the only response I got is that it is the policy, I have nothing to do but to obey it or to return my kindle. Why do Amazon need my billing adress for free books? Isn't email sufficient? Apparently Apple is satisfied with using email address.

I found the policy of Amazon discriminatory. My benefits of downloading free stuff has been deprived simply because i am not a credit card owner. Indeed I have to pay for these so-called free books. Also, the ads are misleading because I cannot see sign of 'credit card or gift crad required' when Amazon is bragging about their huge collection of free kindle books.

Apart from the FTC Bureau of Concumer Protection, which i googled, anywhere else I can lauch a formal complaint against Amazon?