Thread: MobileRead November 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
When WT opened the selection process for November and I saw the category I tuned-out, so I was surprised when I saw the choices for this month on the home page.

I finished Cloud Atlas in record time but that is because I pretty much 'scrolled' two lengthy chapters (two chapters per plot) cutting down considerably on the length. Now I realize why: they were science fiction. I must have misread the reviews because I would not have bought it had it been described as such. If I counted correctly it can be read as five independent sections, so you could skip a chapter—well, two—without losing continuity. I very much liked it...much better than Black Swan Green and can't imagine how it was made into a movie!

If it wins, I'll be curious to follow the discussion.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote