View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Should additional locale definition be contained in an additional file with format of default.properties or it should be added as something else?
It's one file per locale. In principle, the file name doesn't matter. Here are the ones I created:
Code:
[root@kindle locales]# cat de.properties 
locale=de
locales.supported=de-DE
display.name.de-DE=Deutsch
[root@kindle locales]# cat pl.properties 
locale=pl
locales.supported=pl-PL
display.name.pl-PL=Polski
posix.id=en_US.UTF-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Langpicker UI could be invoked (I assume) with sending event via lipc. Look into /etc/upstart/langpicker.conf. But I didn't managed to create additional locale definition so that it could be seen by langpicker (but it's definitely must be located in /opt/amazon/ebook/config/locales/). And when langpicker sees only one locale definition, it chooses it automaticaly without showing GUI.
Oh, I see. Yep, "lipc-send-event com.lab126.blanket.langpicker pickLocale" shows the locale-picker screen indeed. Still, if you're interested in the additional settings, use the attached file: rename to .jar and drop it into /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/. Once you restart the framework, the "manage dictionaries" item on the settings page is replaced by "International".

(UPDATE: see my next post on how to access that page without needing this file!)
UPDATE2: It is strongly recommended to use the installer file linked from the first post, instead of this file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip locale-base.zip (6.9 KB, 697 views)

Last edited by ixtab; 01-26-2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: update: installer package
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote