View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #21
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I just use GIMP for making covers from a combination of backgrounds and images that are in the PD. Wikipedia is my friend there. There are plenty of pics of authors whose books are in PD (though not every PD author's page has a picture, or one that is easily usable).
Thanks crich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post

GimpPhoto and GimpShops are hacks to make GIMP look more like Photoshop with regards to the menu names and option names and such. They're not developed very actively, if at all. My suggestion would be to use either GIMP or Photoshop, not some sort of "Photoshop-ifified" GIMP that's months or even years behind behind the curve.

Paint.NET was never intended to do serious stuff with. That's not powerful is the entire issue. It's not called Paint.NET for nothing; it's a replacement for MS Paint
Thanks Kat. Appreciate the heads-up about the Photoshopiffified GIMPs. And poor paint.net. All it needs is some more power!

But this Photo Pos Pro looks powerful.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...-Pos-Pro.shtml
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote