View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #85
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Uh-oh, I broke it:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorttimer1 View Post
Euro Traveler,

Have you been able to install the eReader suite that is on it and that we are supposed to install according to the manual. This is what gives you the updates and such. I tried to execute the application, on Windows and it said "Unable to read installer configuration - please check your internet connection and try again."
Thanks!
I get the same error message. I wouldn't have even tried installing the TrekStor eReader Suite, except for your request which got me curious.
After having it fail to install, I went to TrekStor's website and found a newer version of the suite.

That one got a little farther along the installation process before giving the same error message. I even tried connecting through a server in Germany, but it didn't make a difference.

latepaul, I can't seem to make my Pyrus display any other font choices with epubs. I tried converting an epub with Calibre and embeding a comic font, but it didn't change what showed on the reader. I also tried several different
epubs from different sources and they all look the same.

I loaded a text file and then it gave the option to change the font style, but
there are only two choices available, the default Sans Serif, and the optional Serif. And if you change it to Serif, it doesn't "stick" but reverts to Sans Serif when the text file is reopened.

Okay, here's what happened to my Mini. After I downloaded the newer version of their eReader Suite, I copied it into the Mini's memory as instructed. This replaced the pre-installed, older version of the Suite Installer, since they had the same file name. I then double-clicked on the new Installer Suite and it got a bit farther along the installation process, but then gave the same error as before.

I then wanted to delete the various books and files I had added to test the fonts, but the reader no longer shows up using Calibre. Checking under My Computer shows it no longer listed as the TrekStor reader, now it shows as "Removable Disk (J: )". The other drive associated with it remained the same, "Removable Disk (K: )".

I can't access the reader at all now. Windows just gives me, "Please insert a disk into Drive J" message when I try to open it.

I tried both "Format Device", as well as a Factory Reset using a paper clip and neither made any difference. Except that the epubs I had loaded onto it are all gone now. But the Word document and text file are still there and readable.

Sigh, Guess I'll be testing out TrekStor's warranty program.
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote