View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
It is, to me! When I got my first Kindle in late 2010, I tried to set it up the way I wanted, author collections with whatever I had by the author in each one. My Kindle ended up being SO incredibly slow. I had to remove most of them and instead of 35 pages of collections, go down to 2 pages of genre collections. Not what I wanted but the only way to make it useable.

Now that I have my Sony T1 with 16 GB card, I have it set up the way I tried to do with the Kindle. Have over 4,000 books on it, all in author folders, some with sub-folders. Still as fast as ever, and easy to search if I don't want to look through the folders.

So to me it is an upgrade. The only thing the Kindle does better is utilize Amazon servers to send books wirelessly.

(And yes Amazon has a better book store and better customer service).

And the other flaw is the archive issue. I had to take my 3G Kindle off my Amazon account and set up a new account so that I could connect to wifi and receive my blogs and news throughout the day. Before I did that the Kindle was rebooting at least once a day. Now, not at all. My original archive has over 4,000 books in it. My new account, archive is 11.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-11-2012 at 08:00 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote