View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 03:39 AM   #12
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
As a lefthander I would appreciate it very much if Netronix or Bookeen could arrange the bottoms on the left side as this:

1 (now music): page back
2 menu
3 back
4 (now empty): page forward

The music menu could be implemented in the main menu (or left out at all, I don't know how many or how few listen to music with a cybook).

By the way: Is the non-functioning button a problem of Netronix or Bookeen?

Billi
Pretty sure it's a Bookeen problem. Netronix only delivers the device plus basic firmware (kind of like a really basic operating system). I am sure that the system events (or interrupts) for the button are there and that the operating system recognises that the button has been pressed, it just has nothing to report the button press to. It is Bookeen's job, however, to write some code telling the device what to do when that event has been triggered and "connect" it to that event.

Even though I am not a left hander myself I would also vote for the above button mapping. With clumsy fingers and button pressing in narrow spaces like the tube you can easily get the wrong direction or the menu. A separate button for page forward would be very convenient.
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote