View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 01:02 AM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Eh, I was just going by personal experience which says that it tends to take roughly 2 minutes per title max for me to post a new thread for a newly found freebie, including checking MR to see if it's been previously posted and all 4 major stores to see if it's available there*, and then copy-pasting the title, author, and description into a template I keep in Stickies and editing for the relevant store links. A couple minutes more if I add commentary on top of that.
Multiply times several books, then add in those linkifiers for most sites (15 seconds for amazon, depending on how fast you type or can cut/paste and assuming you didn't use the tag heymaybeiget4centsonthedollarifimlucky-20, since long tags often lead to typos, which means no credit...

Then, if you have a blog, add another layer of time to post here - cut/paste, redo all the links (since this forum, like most, uses BBC code and not HTML, so it doesn't transfer over quickly).

Of course, if you find one book now and then and post here .... it isn't a lot of time. I know how many arcdata posts and know how much time is involved (and why others are the ones that post links to other stores, for many of his/her threads in the past; you'll never make minimum wage posting links to B&N and any place that uses GAN for aff tags aren't worth bothering with, as you have to wait some random amount of time (5-30 minutes, on average) after creating a tag before it is active -- sort of like bit.ly, but with a random delay before the tags work.

In the meantime, feel free to contribute 4 cents to my retirement plan (and my grandparents won't even have to borrow from your bank account, to help me out).