View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #85
Karina
Enthusiast
Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Archos 101, Acer Iconia A500, HTC Incredible S...
Hello Joe,

Thank you for testing our application. Here are some comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
As I mentioned, the icons and text are too small. The text used in some parts of the interface is positively microscopic. The tabs that show "Library", "Lexicon", etc. are also too small. It seems to me that this program does not take into account the extra screen size of a tablet.
The new 1.2.0 release should solve this size problem (we are testing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, too). As I said in my previous post, this 1.2.0 improves the support for tablets, with fixes like this but this is not a real new specific HC UI organization yet.

Quote:
The other area that needs improvement is the dictionary. I love having a real dictionary while reading. The web lookup is ok, but it distracts from reading, and it requires an internet connection. I tried downloading the embedded English dictionary, but even simple words were not found with that.
This is an important point which will certainly be refined in the future. This takes time to find good integrated solutions and is not a purely technical problem, so... I cannot really give you a reliable schedule yet but I'll keep you informed on the progress...

Quote:
What I would absolutely love is the ability to use a third-party dictionary like the Oxford from within a decent ebook reader. I could do this many years ago on a PDA, why can't I on a modern Android tablet that is many times more powerful? Some of the free downloadable dictionaries are fine, but I want the ability to use a "real" dictionary while reading and I'm willing to pay extra for the dictionary.
+1
We probably can communicate with external dictionary apps, as a simple solution. We'll check it and give you more feedback soon.

Cheers,
Karina is offline   Reply With Quote