Thread: LCD vs. e-ink
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #15
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
The difference between the two formats was really clarified for me recently on a long haul flight; I had my K3 and my neighbour had an Ipad, both of us were reading at various times during the flight.

For me personally, by the 8th hour or so of the flight, my neighbours Ipad was so bright and reflective that it was painful for me to peer over her shoulder, nd yet I could still focus without any eyestrain on my e-ink Kindle.

Of course, it's horses for courses, as she then whizzed off doing all sorts of technical jiggery pokery on the Ipad whilst I carried on plodding through my book. But then again, for use as a reader the e-ink is far away prefereable to me.
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote