View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #6
Alex Bleach
Enthusiast
Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC - PDF & Kindle Desktop
I agree with all of the above. With non-fiction you obviously wouldn't write about something you know nothing about or have no interest in - having said that people have made money from doing just that.

With fiction I think there is more of an emotional aspect about, as mentioned by other posters, a lot of fiction writing is about your own feelings. For example: I wouldn't write about relationships or sex if I hadn't experienced it.

I think the Shakespeare quote: "to thine own self be true" is better.
Alex Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote