View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickredding View Post
The current recipe downloads nothing, as has been pointed out by other posters, because the RSS feed links to flash-based content. So my comment that the current recipe is "useless" is objectively correct.
That is not true. Current recipe downloads some articles and others not.

Quote:
Your comment in another thread that you don't do stuff "for free" motivated me to create this recipe. In my view the value of open source development like calibre recipes is that technically proficient people will contribute content for the benefit of people who are unable to develop the code themselves. If you want to be paid for your efforts, fair enough, but don't complain when someone jumps in and donates what you demand payment for.
We all decide how we handle and value our time. So my critera there are mine alone. I am not complaining that you wrote a recipe. Please do. Do as many as you can. Rewrite all of them if you can do better.Community will be better off.

I am just complaining about attitude - "this recipe is shit so here is another one".

Quote:
Finally, your original recipe for the New Yorker is pretty trivial. Not really something to hold up and demand payment for.
I am not demanding anything. The reason most of my recipes are simple is just that. If I need to spend more than 30m to do some recipe for which I have no personal interest than I don't do it.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote