Thread: Cutting Books
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 03:08 AM   #14
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Ugh! I worked for a printing company a few years ago. You guys bring back some bad memories of all the books we had to scan. At least my department got $60 per hour to cut the spine, scan and format (OCR).

My advice. Look into a used Xerox digipath system. I good cutter can be used for the spice. Do not try to melt the glue in a perfect bound book. The temperaures used to melt that glue are high, and the damamge it will do to your scanner is more than you can imagine.

My advice. Read your books and pass them on to others and don't worry about the scanning unless they are really valuable to you.
I'm available for cutting and scanning books for $60 an hour. I'm quiet and I do my work
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote