View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
Hi!

Hope somebody here may have a clue.

For years I've been using the Read-in plugin for Word to create eBooks in .lit-format for Microsoft Reader.

Today after starting Word the icon for the "Read-in" shows up for a split second, the the space in the menu bar is empty. With each restart or even reboot the same. I tried everthing I could think of.

Cleaning up the registry - nope
De-installing and re-installung - nope
System recovery back to the last day I used it (last Saturday) - nope

I would like to avoid reinstalling MS Office. Especially if I'm may not be sure if this is of any help after all.

So, any idea is very much appreciated!

Best, Thomas
The problem sounds like more of an office issue than with the WordRWR plug in. I've had the pluign show up twice but it still works for me. I'm not sure what could all of a sudden cause the problem. I are you using Office 2003 or lower? Did you apply a patch from MS auto update?

An aside, I quit using WordRMR once calibre created their any2lit support. The LIT files produced by calibre are actually better than those created by WordRWR.

I created most of my LIT files using a tool I wrote called BookCreator, a template with Macros.

Here is the link to a beta version that builds LIT files is .

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...44&postcount=5

The link to the BookCreator tool is
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28313

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 04-02-2009 at 08:49 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote