Thread: I returned it
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Somewhat sadly, I returned my recently purchased PRS-505 to Target.

After reading on it for a while, I found that the inverse flashing didn't bother me too much, nor did the somewhat slow paging. Using a larger font, I didn't even mind the screen size. What really killed it for me was the low contrast of the screen. In very bright light, the screen looks great. The thing is, I don't like reading under a flood light.

Right now, I am sitting in a room that has more than enough light to read a paper book without effort. This was still not enough light to give sufficient contrast on the Sony for me to read without some effort.

If it wasn't for the contrast issue, I would definitely have kept the Sony. I liked the form factor, light weight and very good epub rendering.

Oh well, here's hoping that the next generation eInk or other technology will solve this problem. Back to reading on the netbook.
Maybe a reader like the Jetbook would work better for you (I think the 505 has a great screen).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote