View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Jack, it may be a problem finding readers that work on Win8 and support dead formats, and it will be getting more difficult with every new iteration of Windows. I remember articles warning us of this around the turn of the century.. And how right they were! I still have books in .lit somewhere on some drive.

Now may be a good time to convert your prc and pdb to ePub or kf8.
To paraphrase the bard: "Jesus, Mary & Elvis--That's a lot of books!"

So mass conversion of prc and pdb to mobi? I don't even want to think of clit and some kind of OEBC software for all those lits. I may have to not hate Calibre so much, at least temporarily; either that or write shell scripts to use the CLI versions of the converters. I was afraid of this answer. Shell scripts ... [shudder].

Thanks,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote