View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #12
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Not only did the movie make Scarlett more of a hitch, it also softened Rhett considerably. There's little of his cruel side evident.
Having just revisited the book, I was a little surprised at how unflattering a picture of Scarlett it offered. I think she come off much worse in the book than in the movie, as does Rhett. Both characters are softened in the movie, I think, so they still come across as well-matched characters.

I think Mitchell's genius is that she made these two characters complex and endlessly fascinating.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote