View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #174
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
A status follow-up.

I've got my nose to the grindstone here this First of September and the day before the Labor Day Holiday.

Did a monthly status and since I'm feeling the pressure of the approaching end of year I wanted to revisit my goals and see where I'm at.

Nowhere near the word count I'd hoped for (1000 words/day) but am doing maybe 250-350 a day and it's very inconsistent.

I've done reasonably well in my prose - essay/article/fiction totals in that I've completed 34 pieces 4 of them fiction 13 articles and 17 essays

I've completed something like 95 poems.

I have/had a goal of 1 or 2 novels but that is not working but I have gotten a bit done on one including some outlining/story/plotting and writing but really nothing to speak of.

I published a collection of Science articles mentioned above - How Do We Know which includes 13 science articles of all types.

I published a second poetry collection - The Poet of Utah Park which includes 51 (of the 95 that I've written) poems.

I'm reasonably happy with where I'm at but do wish I could up my average daily word count.

You'd think that I might be making some money from this, but nah..... I've probably made enough in these almost two years I've been at this to buy a couple of cheap dinners out. That's okay though, I'm pleased with the progress and will continue to Chase The Dream!

I had a bit of enlightenment earlier this month (which I wrote about elsewhere) when I heard a writer (Shindler's List) discussing how the reward for him was getting the words right and hearing him describe it as almost a drug-like high. I realized that I may have been actually fighting myself with my steadfast refusal to become addicted to anything and have concluded that I need to instead embrace writing. I has helped in getting the work done.

In summary:
34 Prose Pieces completed
95 Poems completed
2 books published

Writing is a Drug. Embrace it!

Now! what about your goals and your status?