View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 04:54 PM   #577
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I just did a quick quote at Blue Cross. For $50 a month they have an Emergency Hospital and Illness plan with $1000 deductible, 80% coverage and $5000 max out of pocket.

That's less than alot of people pay for their Cell phone or cable TV. And that is high considering it is Blue Cross.

No one with a decent income should leave themselves open to going broke due to a serious illness.

BOb
I don't know if that would have kept this author out of bankruptcy or not. As I understand it, a large portion of the debt was incurred by a couple of short hospitalizations due to infections. One would need to look carefully at the insurance policy to see what is actually covered. My impression is that such policies tend not to actually cover very much.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote