View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 04:07 AM   #16
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardBrazee View Post
Rebooting didn't help, so I tried the mdimport. I suspect I need to make it a SUDO command, as my ID doesn't have administrator privilege. I think I installed it correctly to the system libraries.

Last login: Wed Mar 21 18:05:25 on console
Kernel Information: Darwin 11.3.0 x86_64
\e[0;33mGNU bash, version 3.2.48(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin11)
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
\e[1;30mUptime: 19:03 up 1 hr, 2 users, load averages: 0.68 0.52 0.61
\e[1;30mServer time is: Wed Mar 21 19:03:46 MDT 2012
~ > mdimport -r ~/Library/Spotlight/epub.mdimporter
2012-03-21 19:03:58.240 mdimport[1418:707] could not find path '/Users/HBrazee/Library/Spotlight/epub.mdimporter'
Usage: -o path Write the imported attributes to a file, instead of sending them to the server.
[OPTION] path
-d debugLevel Integer between 1-4
-g plugin Import files using the listed plugin, rather than the system installed plugins.
-p Print out performance information gathered during the run
-A Print out the list of all of the attributes and exit
-X Print out the schema file and exit
-L Print out the List of plugins that we are going to use and exit
-r Ask the server to reimport files for UTIs claimed by the listed plugin.
-n Don't send the imported attributes to the data store.
~ >
It sounds like you installed it in /Library/Spotlight instead (the DMG has a link to that folder) so you should run this command instead:

mdimport -r /Library/Spotlight/epub.mdimporter

Assuming that doesn't immediately give you an error, your Mac will start indexing files in the background. If you run Activity Monitor you should see "mds" and perhaps "mdworker" working hard.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote