View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #27
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghipp View Post
However, this is probably the most salient point for you: If I had started out with the Glo (or Paperwhite) and had to trade it for a Sony PRS-T1 or T2, I would not be happy about it. I think it would feel similar to trading an HD TV for tube television. It would seem dark and dull, and the page turns would be slow and "flashy" in comparison. But I was quite happy with the Sony before the lighted readers came out, and if Sony introduced a lighted reader with the same general feel as the PRS-T1, that would be the perfect reader for me - worth an upgrade.
This is also my situation. My first reader was a Sony and I liked it better than the other options at the time. I upgraded to the T1 ands still prefer it over other devices, but would take a nice lighted Sony. If I had not previously owned a reader, I would probably choose the Paperwhite.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote