View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #49
mjt57
Connoisseur
mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle app on iPad and iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You're suppose to keep the Kindle plugged in till indexing is done. Otherwise it will take forever and the battery will drain quickly.
Please excuse the reply to and old post. I've got a Kindle PPW last week (late arriving Christmas present). So I'm still learning about it.

What is this indexing, why does it need to be done, how's it done? And when books are "uploaded" to it, how's this done?

I use Calibre to "send to device" either via USB or more recently, use the email send to feature to send to the cloud for all devices to access.

I don't recall ever having to index books on my Kindle DX.

Thanks.
mjt57 is offline   Reply With Quote