View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
I think they would be too wary of stock market manipulation charges to out and out lie. Instead they tell a truth that means a little less than it seems:

It's not clear how many people are using Windows 8, because the licences may be sold to PC makers and not yet in use.

The real experts when it comes to playing with sales statistics are at Amazon.

I am using Windows 8 while writing this post.
I remember going to Atlanta once for the consumer electronics show. Word Perfect and Lotus Notes were at their peak, and Microsoft was challenging but still not there. You got a really nice umbrella for attending the Word Perfect Show.

That was maybe 20 years ago and they were selling the same things then, that they are selling today as far as group think, group do and group know.

Microsoft always is going to do this and that so great and always just hangs on longer than the rest of the folks partly because they persuade customers they have something special and just wait for MS and don't buy the other guy who then bites the dust.

I think it works because they have a knack of promising what people want to hear and seem willing to match customers expectations.

I think at this point that my hopes for W8 and especially their tablet have been dashed. MS again like with Vista and many other things tried to do too much and promised too much in order to satisfy their management and attract the public's attention.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote