View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 05:27 AM   #30
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Doesn't your first post imply that if one was profiting from their first work they would feel no incentive to create a second work?

Doesn't that then imply that you consider profit to be the only incentive worth creating for?

I'm a little confused.

Cheers,
PKFFW
No, you confuse my view with a response to someone else's view. It was asserted that profit motive is the only reason one publishes anything. Thus my response, if they already have a source of money that will last forever why then would they bother to create again?

I then went on to suggest that perhaps people who aren't dmaul1114 might choose to do things for reasons other than it'll put more money in their bank account than any other thing.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote