View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #85
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
All I can base my opinion on is my own experience with MY eyes. If I'm viewing a backlit screen for five hours - with the light level adjusted comfortably for my eyes - my vision is blurred by the end of that time. If I'm reading a book or a non-backlit ereader for that same time frame, that doesn't happen.

Yep, at the end of the day that's all that matters. Your own experience.

I do think people should be open to trying different things, and not go online and bash devices they haven't tried etc. For instance, I don't like reading on my laptop or desktop, get blurred eyes etc. But I have no problem on the iPad, or a PDA etc. where I can more easily adjust the brightness and hold the screen the same distance from my eyes I do a book or my Kindle etc.

So form factor has a TON to do with it.

But again, at the end of the day, go with what works best for you as that's all that matters. As I said before, I'll never get the animosity and arguments on here over screen types when it just boils down to personal preference and using what works best for you.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote